David Hasselhoff does it again...

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

David Hasselhoff does it again...

Post by beyond »

A wee old, but new to me... and a fabulous chance to learn from the masters :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7979249836
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

They should rename cheeseburger Hoffburger!

At least he seems to have a sense of humour about himself. Got to give him cred for that. I've got his greatest hits album. Looking for Freedom always puts a smile on my face, even if it's for all the "wrong" reasons. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Its funny the first thing that jumped out at me was the Steering Wheel is on the wrong side!!! :) So this video was made somewhere in Europe. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Actually most (virtually all) of Europe have their steering wheels on the same side as you. The United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus and Malta are the exception.

see:

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/ ... 20left.gif
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

The text on the video page actually says it was made in Australia btw ;)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Makke wrote:Looking for Freedom always puts a smile on my face, even
if it's for all the "wrong" reasons. ;)
Right then Makke, we want to hear you do a version of it - if you dare! And do it without resorting to constant giggles throughout ;)

He knows he has Knight Rider to thank really...
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Makke wrote:Looking for Freedom always puts a smile on my face, even if it's for all the "wrong" reasons. ;)
you mean this ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ot_katYYiU
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I dont know how you guys find this stuff...this is hilarious.

Do people still love him in Germany like they used to?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

God no!

It was a hype in 1989 since his remake of "Looking for freedom" incidentally collided with the fall of the Berlin wall. Since most people here only understood the "looking for freedom" bit of the lyrics, it kind of became a hymn for the event.

Foreign media pretty much overexaggerated this, so 12 years later most non germans still believe he is kind of a singing god over here. :lol:

I kind of liked Knight Rider in my youth, though. :oops:
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Hasselehoff is nowhere near as cheesy as William Shatner. And here's your proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eISBTBwWKeE

That said, his duet with Henry Rollins "I Can't Get Behind That" rocks, especially as they got Adrian Belew on guitar!! :)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

HA! :D This "Get into my Car" video is really great!
Anyone noticed what happened to David's right eye?
Looks a bit like Karl Dall (germans will know)- is this an effect of Davids boozing time?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Waz wrote:Hasselehoff is nowhere near as cheesy as William Shatner.
Oh, Shatner's cool! And cheesy. And very very weird. And quite likeable! :)
Waz wrote:That said, his duet with Henry Rollins "I Can't Get Behind That" rocks, especially as they got Adrian Belew on guitar!! :)
Aye, that rocks. I'm also a pretty big fan of Ben Folds, who produced it (and is playing keyboard in that video you posted).
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Condor
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Condor »

damn dial-up!

Nevermind, I just rememberd 'Dodgeball" film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364725/) wher Hasselhoff played german "Blitzkrieg" team coach :)

Funny movie :) And ze germanz are so crazy. American Dodgeball Association of America :twisted:

And here is a great joke...

----------------------------
The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy.

The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expected to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the language is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with"z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

----------------------------
I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?
Wavedancer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Wavedancer »

Romeo Knight wrote:HA! :D This "Get into my Car" video is really great!
Anyone noticed what happened to David's right eye?
Looks a bit like Karl Dall (germans will know)- is this an effect of Davids boozing time?
Rofl, you're right :lol:
I think it came from too much beer ;) ... as teenager I read in the "Bravo" the first sentence he could say in german was "One beer, please!" :lol:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Waz wrote:Hasselehoff is nowhere near as cheesy as William Shatner. And here's your proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eISBTBwWKeE

That said, his duet with Henry Rollins "I Can't Get Behind That" rocks, especially as they got Adrian Belew on guitar!! :)
Not bad for somone who is 75 years old :)