The Desert Dream !

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Having never seen the Desert Dream demo or played It Came From The Desert before, I've downloaded the remix based purely on the positive comments here.

This is a fantastic track, lovely flute and yet another classic from Feekzoid. Still can't get this & Orchestral Synthasaur Ninja out of my head! :)

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Behold!

ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/mirrors/amidemos/desdrea.zip

No emulation required - someone has videod it up, on an A1200 by the looks of things - the sync to the animation is out at the beginning but otherwise perfect.

...thanks for the comments too :)

I must admit ye olde orchestral ninja is annoying me these days as I think the mastering is very centric and muffled. A remastering is unlikely, but not impossible.
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

sorry for going further off-topic, but speaking of the ninjas, the orchestral synthasaurus one sure is great, but for me nothing beats armakuni's jouney! :twisted:
one of the first c64-remixes i ever heard and still one of the very best.
when i listen to it i always think that this must be exactly the sound ben had in mind when he made the sid back in the days.
always wanted to tell you that, feekzoid. :D

cheers,
monty
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Again, thanks for the comments.

Regarding Armakuni's Journey - the idea I had in my mind was quite a bizarre one.

I imagined our Ninja beginning his journey, walking through various landscapes towards the beginning of his task (imagine before the events of say, level 1!) and the idea of people joining him in increasingly large groups, supporting him... before slowly all fading away/leaving him to continue his mission on his own...

Bizarre, but true.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Keep'em coming, Feekzoid. Never dissapointed me... and I'll wait for the orchestral ninja... :wink:
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

heh i showed my friend the desert dream video and he nearly had an aneurismn ... i just cried breif and happy tears of remembrance... oh that buzz saw thing still makes me smile.

when u doing the next 2 eh feezybaby? eh ? ehhhh? <pokes with a stick>

hehe
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Came across this shout in the reviews box:

siggy_galaen shouts: I like the background arrangement, but the panflute theme isn't exactly like the original; a bit too "panflute 80's hits"...

...and on Amigamer's mix: Desert Dreams - Part One - Sunset Dunes Mix

siggy_galaen shouts: I like the background arrangement, but the panflute theme isn't exactly like the original; a bit too "panflute 80's hits"... But very nice build-up!

...just amused me a bit :D

Move along ;)
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Now about those other two parts... :wink:
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

heh... perhaps... in time... :D Been distracted by other musical creations of late am afraid for any remixing :/