Any Macintosh users out there?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Speaking of Macs - when I got home tonight I noticed that someone had left an LC III, an LC 580 and a Performa 5200 on the pavement outside our flat.

Had a strong urge to grab the lot to save them from going to the rubbish tip, but didn't follow through. Now I can't help but somehow feel responsible for them going to the great retro-computing sky tomorrow morning when the garbagevan comes around. :cry:
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Performa 5200 - wasn't it the last Mac (already PowerPC) with true 8bit sound AFAIR? Quite ontopic here! :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

DOH!!! I can feel that pain, Jan!
I wasn't able to save some old Macs myself here... a neighbour got himself a new one but I didn't have the space to save them old ones! Goddammit! :shock:
All is lost.
mrsid
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mrsid »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: Nopes, its not in SIDPlay/X V3.3, so here's hoping for it to be included in the next release.

And speaking of the info window; its bloody annoying that you need to press Apple+Shift+I to get the info window to pop up when just about every other application that features an info window uses Apple+I.

Another thing I'm missing from the Windows version is the "copy path/filename to clipboard" function. Apart from that the OS X version totally rocks. :D
Jan,
i've added the SID Chip model display as requested by Warren.

The new version is already around the corner, but I can see what I can do about that path copying feature.

And about that keyboard shortcut for the info window. You can change menu keyboard shortcuts through the system preferences (->Keyboard&Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts). It's a bit crude, but otherwise works fine.

Just to let you know that I'm always open for suggestions... :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

mrsid wrote:And about that keyboard shortcut for the info window. You can change menu keyboard shortcuts through the system preferences (->Keyboard&Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts). It's a bit crude, but otherwise works fine.
Ah, nifty. (yes, I'm still learning my way around OS X :D)
soren_ladegaard
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by soren_ladegaard »

Have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?t=3501
soren_ladegaard
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by soren_ladegaard »

OK, so you probably know about my site by now. But I just did a search for Mac related posts and this one came up.

So I though I'd add a comment about the new forum at http://www.thinkcommodore.com

The Commodore forum where every user is a Mac user.

Just in case other users do a "Mac-search" here on the forums ;-)

Cheers.