Announcement: RKO Search Plugin now available

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Announcement: RKO Search Plugin now available

Post by Waz »

Bored of the same old music every morning? Want something different to wake up to than that annoying idiot on your local radio station? Like the stuff on SlayRadio and want more? Got a proper standards compliant web browser (and by that folks, we don't mean Internet Explorer!) Then help is at hand.

Announcing the world's first C64 remix search plugin for Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla and Netscape 7. Our team of engineers (well okay, I) have been working furiously to bring you much needed C64 remix goodness right to your browser without having to move a muscle, just by moving the mouse and prodding a few trusty keys into the search box.

So, how do you obtain this simple aid to your life? Don't worry folks, there's no expensive forms to fill in, you won't require Magnet and Steel, and you won't have to have someone pay a vist to your house to install it for you (unless of course you've rung your local branch of PC World by mistake).

Simply select the following web page, kindly hosted by Don Kwed himself:

http://remix.kwed.org/hosted/rko_searchplugin.zip

Follow the instructions in the readme.txt file (it should be self-explanatory) and the next time you fire up the likes of Mozilla Firefox, use the little drop down arrow at the top right of the screen and select remix.kwed.org from the list.

Type in the search criteria (for example, Commando if you've not yet tired of that tune being remixed for the 22nd time, or DHS if you've liked his new Human Race mix and want more cool stuff by him) and badabing! Quick as a flash, the RKO site brings you all you need - and more!

This announcement was brought to you by the numbers R and K and by the number 0. The RKO Search Plugin is a production of the Zaw Productions Plugin Workshop ;)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
DaveT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by DaveT »

Doesn't seem to be working on my SP1 Firefox 1.0... could it be from using a theme?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

good call waz, thats a great little addon!

top bloke!, shame about your choice in football team ;)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

I use the Pinball theme with Firefox, and it works fine here. Don't forget to exit your browser _before_ you unzip the two files to the right place.

Don't worry: I did do testing on this beforehand and have kwed himself check it out.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Mac OS9.2.2 Netscape 7.x

Works like a charm!

Excellent work. 8)

Now, where's one for HVSC...
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Now, where's one for HVSC...
I've already done one that uses Adam Lorentzon's HVSC search engine, which works really well. I might upload that soon.

Slaygon is working on one for SIDFind as well - didn't take him too long to modify the RKO code I used :)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

In Firefox, there's another means of doing quick searches:

1. Open up RKO.
2. Right-click the search box and select "Add a keyword for this serach"
3. Type whatever you want for the shortcut name and "rko" (without the quotes) for the keyword
4. Type "rko commando" (without quotes) into the address bar and hit return—instant search.

This works on any site (Amazon, iMDB, etc). Neat-o!
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

wazzaw wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:Now, where's one for HVSC...
Slaygon is working on one for SIDFind as well - didn't take him too long to modify the RKO code I used :)
Ok.

Head over to http://www.c64.org/sidfind/ and click the "Add a SIDFind search plugin to your Mozilla browser by clicking here!" link to get a SIDFind search plugin.

Simple, eh?