Can it be ?

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Can it be ?

Post by stainlesssteel »

That the game "infernal runner" has vanished from the memories of the people ? there must be some folks who still remember this old gem.

I know the remix of mine isnt a "new" release since its been on RKO for about a month, so technically this post is off-topic. but i just read a review of it (btw: thanks for the reviews guys) and so the question arised.

+++no carrier
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Sorry for breaking the topic, but I just played the game itself(dl from c64.com) and was wondering if you people here reading this if you know any else raw Prince of Percia;esque games like this, IE the player gets chopped into pieces of impaled on spikes and bleeding to death, etc etc... or just a plain cruel c64 game like Barbarian :) I just love those!! :twisted:
Now Im gonna dl your remix here, Stainless...
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Max Levin wrote:player gets chopped into pieces of impaled on spikes and bleeding to death, etc etc... or just a plain cruel c64 game like Barbarian :) I just love those!! :twisted:
If you're looking for a pixel massacre just check Nemesis The Warlock
(but i never have been able to make the c64.com one work on any emulator :(( ).

If you want some real *heavy* cruel game, you should look on the good 'ol PSX.

There's a beat'm up that was fully developed and *never* released commercially, 'cos it was ways too rude for public audience.

It was anyway avaiable on the "non ufficial" release channels :).

The game was called Thrill Kill

More infos here:

http://books.dreambook.com/thrillkill/tk.html

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

spikes?

Post by C64GLeN »

I remember!

I was very happy to hear you remix, as I thought I was alone in enjoying Infernal Runner's music.

Of course the tune wasn't as good as I remembered, However your mix made up for this...

:D
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by stainlesssteel »

I remember!

I was very happy to hear you remix, as I thought I was alone in enjoying Infernal Runner's music.

Of course the tune wasn't as good as I remembered, However your mix made up for this...
Glad to hear someone remembers the original and my version found some listeners that liked it.

Indeed, the original version was quite a rough one to listen to. But if you made it past the initial shock, the melody became quite appealing.

greets!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I had never heard the game or the SID before..

The game reminds me of the classic Dynamite Dan, but with extra BLOOD!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Trauma
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Trauma »

I played that game a lot, and must seriously say that I have never played anything else as disgusting as this. Maybe because it was the first ultra violent game I played, I dunno.

I remember actually getting dizzy with nausea at one point, and not sleeping well at night. Needless to say I loved the game. And the Sid too.

I think your mix is nice, but nowhere near as aggressive as I could have wished.

Søren
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by stainlesssteel »

I played that game a lot, and must seriously say that I have never played anything else as disgusting as this. Maybe because it was the first ultra violent game I played, I dunno.

I think your mix is nice, but nowhere near as aggressive as I could have wished.
Yep, it was one seriously disturbed game. But gave me some real laughs every time i got gutted. Nowadays something like that would probably go straight to the index, here in germany.

And yes, the original SID was extremly aggressive. My aim was to make something more relaxed, guess thats just my way of doing things.
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

extremly aggressive
HARDCORE! DEN-KSH DEN-KSH DEN-KSH That's it! I'm gonna make a rave version of this sid! :D