Donations still needed for THIS Back in Time Live

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

HAHAHA LMFAO !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darren Guest

Post by Darren Guest »

I actually feel pretty guilty about the situation Chris is currently in as I am one of the people who really should have come along but didn't.

I spoke to Chris at the Classic Gaming Expo as well as discussing BIT with Mark (madfiddler) who I bumped into on a completely unrelated message board. I was enthusiastic to both about coming along but at the end of the day just didn't go. I can understand why Chris is pretty annoyed with the whole thing when people promise to come along and then let him down at the last minute.

A DVD has been mentioned so I was wondering if it would be possible for people to pay for this in advance which would hopefully help out with Chris' current cash flow problems?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Thats not a bad idea actually, that way it can in the bank earning interest too - every BIT helps (sry 4 the crap pun lol) 8)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Problem is that if something ironic happened to scupper the DVD, I'd have taken money (and spent it) for something that I couldn't deliver. Not a good move for customer satisfaction. I won't say it wasn't tempting to take preorders though.

Chris
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

How about asking people for £20 donations and offering them a free DVD if and when it becomes available?

I'm also up for selling signed prints of my pictures if anyone's interested. I know Kenz was quite keen on the idea. I'm sure we could work out a deal that would help you out Chris.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'd be happier about that if I knew that people knew there was a non-zero chance of the DVD not happening. Boz is going to do all in his power to make it happen (he's the Producer and Director, and da main man), but of course life's a heap of shit. When you look at it. But, cross finger and touch wood... and all that!

Chris
AdamDawes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by AdamDawes »

I've just made a small donation Chris, sorry it's not more but every bit counts I'm sure. :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Cheque's in the post to Kenz with a few quid more from me... when I get paid for the RETRO GAMER article some of it is going straight into High Technology Publishing's coffers...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Merman dude, you never replied to my mail re if you wanted a hi-res version of the poseter instead of the crappy quality web version .....
octave-sounds
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

donation

Post by octave-sounds »

hi chris,

i'll be sending some dosh to you to help you out :)

octave
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

*sniff* You're all..... {insert superlative of choice here}
trooper/osg
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trooper/osg »

Is quite content to sit there making copies of DVD when it gets produced. Just to help the production?
Don't jump, if you do, you'll only fall and hurt yourself.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Is quite content to sit there making copies of DVD when it
> gets produced. Just to help the production?
Not 100% sure what you mean here, but if you mean helping out with DVD burning, we'll probably get it done properly for something as important as BIT Live.

Chris
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Matrix wrote:Merman dude, you never replied to my mail re if you wanted a hi-res version of the poseter instead of the crappy quality web version .....
That's because I never saw your e-mail. It either never got through, or got dumped in the bulk folder... reply sent!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Sent one back m8, hope it reaches you ;) IF not, i may setup a mail server :) Not decided yet... I was all for it a week ago, but since a 2hr ISP line drop the other day ive had a lot of performance and line drop issues; ill get them resolved asap.

Big appologies tor SIR'86 who's been trying to connect and upload to my ftp for 2 days - actually it had been up all day but dropped just before ylu tried, the first time i basicly had the account setup wrong... all fixed now.